Do you know the universal joint of a car? As a auto accessories supplier, I will share it with you.
When the car is in motion, the engine, clutch and transmission are installed on the frame as a whole; while the drive axle is connected to the frame through elasticity, but there is a certain distance between them, which requires parts to be connected to transmit power .
When the car is running on uneven roads and jitters, or the two assemblies are installed due to differences in their installation positions, the angle and distance between the output shaft of the transmission and the input shaft of the final drive axle will change. Therefore, in order to solve and cope with this change, there is a better smooth transmission of power, there is a universal transmission device: universal joint. The so-called universal joint is a sharp ball type device to realize the output mechanism of the shaft power in different directions.
Universal joint, or universal joint, is a part that realizes variable-angle power transmission and is used to change the position of the transmission axis direction. It is the "joint" part of the universal transmission device of the automobile drive system.
How the Universal Joint Works
Universal joints are divided into non-constant velocity universal joints, quasi-constant velocity universal joints and constant velocity universal joints.
1. Variable speed universal joint: When the angle between the two shafts connected by the universal joint is greater than zero, the output shaft and the input shaft will transmit motion at a varying instantaneous angular velocity ratio, but the average angular velocity is equal;
2. Quasi-constant velocity universal joint: it refers to the transmission of motion at the same instantaneous angular velocity under the designed angle, and the approximately equal instantaneous angular velocity at other angles;
3. Constant velocity universal joint: The output shaft and input shaft connected to the universal joint transmit motion at the same instantaneous angular velocity all the time.
Quasi-constant velocity universal joints and constant velocity universal joints allow a larger angle between the shafts. The bearing has good sealing performance, high efficiency, simple manufacturing process, convenient processing, reliable work, etc.
The Role of Universal Joints
1. The universal joint is a component that realizes the variable angle transmission of power between the rotating shafts;
2. The universal joint is responsible for driving and steering between the front axle half shaft and the wheel;
3. The universal joint is a mechanism that realizes variable-angle power transmission and is used to change the position of the drive shaft. It is the connecting piece of the universal transmission device of the automobile transmission system;
4. The combination of universal joint and drive shaft is called universal joint transmission. On a rear-wheel drive vehicle with a front engine, the universal joint drive is installed between the transmission output shaft and the main drive axle reducer input shaft.
RIME MAX has the Universal Joint of high quality for sale, welcome to consult!